Tripods are critical to getting a great shot in low light situations. It’s something you should always have with you no matter what. In this article I will talk through the 5 best tripods that you can get in my opinion.
If your just starting out and your strapped for cash this is the perfect tripod for you. It’s extremely light and will fit in most camera bags. I found this really easy to use and would definitely recommend it. It’s also an amazon choice products and has over 4.5 stars.
- Supports video cameras, still cameras, and scopes up to 6.6 lbs (3kgs)
- 3 way pan head with bubble level. Quick-release mounting plate
- Quick release leg locks
- Geared center post
- 60 inch operating height (152.4cm)
GorillaPods are something I can’t recommend enough. They are extremely compact so you can always have one in your pocket. GorillaPods are also great if you want to try some creative shots, you can wrap the legs around a pole, a branch and try something from a new angle. This particular GorillaPod is for compact and small mirrorless cameras but there are larger ones which will support large DSLRs.
- For compact system cameras or mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras up to 1 kg
- Flexible, wrappable legs allow you to secure your camera almost anywhere
- Over two dozen premium quality ABS plastic leg joints bend and rotate 360 degree
- Integrated aluminum ballhead with smooth 180 degree tilt and 360 degree pan to orient camera
- Quick-release plate with bubble level stays connected to your camera for instant setup and precise positioning. Rubberised ring and foot grips for enhanced stability on difficult terrain
It’s the cheapest carbon fiber tripod you’ll find on the internet. The best thing about this one is, it comes with a monopod. This tripod will support up to 15kg so it can be used with any compact, mirrorless, or DSLR camera.
- With the use of a tripod, it can achieve greater performance and maintain image quality for cropping larger picture sizes
- 2-in-1 tripod, removed one leg can be used as monopod and converted into an alpenstock
- Center column design with hook, can be attached to sand bag to increase stability, with non-slip feet design, which keeps the tripod steady on virtual ground surface. Max load weight is 33 pounds/15 kilograms for optimal performance
- Extends to 65 inches/165 centimeters tall, folds to 18.1 inches/46 centimeters. Carbon Fiber can make it light and portable
- 360 degree dial of swivel ball head with bubble level provides you with a panoramic view. Three position leg angle adjustment system provides flexible shooting. Nylon carrying case included is convenient and protective. Note: The tripod ONLY, other items are NOT included
This is near the top because my phone is something I always have with me, so this is one of handiest tripods I own. It’s very sturdy and light, perfect to fit in a back pack and won’t weigh you down when you bring it with you.
- Mini tripod for CSCs and smartphones
- Smartphone clamp with 1/4 thread attachment included
- Comfortable handgrip to capture great videos
- Push button locking mechanism for easy set-up
- Lightweight, intuitive to use and easy to carry
This tripod defintely deserves the spot for number 1. The tripod is small and light enough to fit into your camera bag and keep there on long walks. It’s also sturdy enough to stand up against the elements when your shooting in them. It’s definitely the best all rounder
- Slik super alloy A.M.T. titanium legs have a 40% greater strength-to-weight ratio than standard aluminum
- Load capacity of 19.8 lb
- Speed release lever leg locks
- Gearless center column
- 3-position leg angle adjustment