The firmware updates include
- Using a flashgun in Bracketing / Continuous shooting.
Optional flashguns can be used for bracketing and burst photography. When using the EF-X8, which is bundled with the X-T1, the flash fires in ISO, FILM SIMULATION and WHITE BALANCE BKT modes.
- Instant AF Setting in manual focus
Focus and exposure can be locked when the AF-L button is used in manual focus mode. You can shoot after locking AF and AE with your thumb.
- AF+MF operation with AF-L button
The AF-L button can be used to lock focus in AF+MF mode and you can adjust the focus more accurately using the lens’s focusing ring.
- Focus zoom in AF+MF
The FOCUS ASSIST button can be used for focus zoom and you can focus using the lens’s focusing ring with focus zoom activated.
- Additional Custom Display options
Functions have been added to the DISP. CUSTOM SETTING option in the setup menu.
Additional Items: FOCUS FRAME / CONTINUOUS MODE / SHOOTING MODE / DUAL IS MODE / INFORMATION BACKGROUND / MOVIE MODE / FOCUS MODE / BLUR WARNING / SHUTTER TYPE
- The Fn7 Button
The movie-record button doubles as an Fn button (Fn7). Press and hold DISP/BACK to select what it controls.
- Supports focus limiter function for XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR.
To be fully compatible with the lens, the new firmware supports focus limiter function for FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR.
- In AF-C mode, freeze will happen on certain conditions. (Solution for the issues of Firmware Ver. 4.20)